Pension in the Netherlands - which one is the best for a freelancer?
Thread poster: ArelTranslation
ArelTranslation
ArelTranslation
Netherlands
Local time: 13:29
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 20, 2017

Hi everyone,

I was starting thinking about opening a pension fund, I saw that there are a lot of options for freelancers here in the Netherlands. Anyway, I would like to have some of your feedbacks on which company is the most reliable, flexible and not too much expensive for the pension.

I read about "ZZP pensioen" by Loyalis and "Brand New Day". Do you have feedbacks on these two companies? Or on any other company that can offer a good freelance pension service?
... See more
Hi everyone,

I was starting thinking about opening a pension fund, I saw that there are a lot of options for freelancers here in the Netherlands. Anyway, I would like to have some of your feedbacks on which company is the most reliable, flexible and not too much expensive for the pension.

I read about "ZZP pensioen" by Loyalis and "Brand New Day". Do you have feedbacks on these two companies? Or on any other company that can offer a good freelance pension service?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

I wish you a lovely day!
Collapse

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
Bright Pensioen Jun 22, 2017

I just joined Bright Pensioen, mainly because friends recommended it and they say they only invest in sustainable funds. https://brightpensioen.nl/zzp-pensioen/

Olly

Edith van der Have
Edith van der Have
Netherlands
Member (2016)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Box 3 investing Jul 13, 2017

Strange to discuss this topic in English (and I am not a financial translator), so please forgive me if any of the terminology sounds odd Having said that: I prefer to keep things in my own hands, so I do not want either an insurance-type of pension ('lijfrenteverzekering') or saving/investing an amount that I cannot touch until the age set for pension. Therefore, I have chosen index investing in box 3 (which means that I have to ... See more
Strange to discuss this topic in English (and I am not a financial translator), so please forgive me if any of the terminology sounds odd Having said that: I prefer to keep things in my own hands, so I do not want either an insurance-type of pension ('lijfrenteverzekering') or saving/investing an amount that I cannot touch until the age set for pension. Therefore, I have chosen index investing in box 3 (which means that I have to pay 1.2% investment yield tax). I use Meesman, an internet broker with a very simple system for index investing. They do not offer life cycle investment (automatically decreasing investment risk toward the pension age), so I have to deal with that manually. I think that Brand New Day offers something similar with life cycle functionality though, if you'd prefer that.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pension in the Netherlands - which one is the best for a freelancer?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »