https://www.proz.com/forum/phrase_formerly_memsource_support/365047-no_chance_of_using_phrases_tm_when_downloading_bilingual_files_in_xliff_or_bilingual_docx_format-page3.html

صفحات الموضوع:   < [1 2 3]
No chance of using Phrase's TM when downloading bilingual files in xliff or bilingual docx format?
ناشر الموضوع: expressisverbis
expressisverbis
expressisverbis
البرتغال
Local time: 09:08
عضو (2015)
أنجليزي إلى برتغالي
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
Update Dec 20, 2023

This morning, by chance, the PM sent me the link to Phrase TMS to update a term validated by the client and I managed to take some screenshots.

View Project is enabled:

Captura de ecrã 2023-12-20 092335

Once I click on View Project, I get the following:

Captura de ecrã 2023-12-20 092503

Then, when I click on the file, the Web Editor appears:

Captura de ecrã 2023-12-20 092648

I don't have access to download the file. Also I don't have access to use the "Export as" option. In fact, it's not enabled as you can see.
The only functions I can use, and there are only a few for translation, are those in the "Edit", "Tools" and "Format" menus; everything else is completely restricted.
I've already spoken to the PM of this client's account (cosmetics brand) and they are inflexible.
For this client they won't give me access to these options on the grounds that they can't use Phrase TM. I don't think this is correct, and I don't understand why they are imposing these restrictions.
Why the other PM who works with another client's acount accepts to give me access, and this one doesn't?
They are one only agency now because the two companies merged. Why different "rules" for different clients? I wish I could understand it...
Thank you all.

[Edited at 2023-12-20 16:14 GMT]

Philippe Noth
Philippe Noth  Identity Verified
سويسرا
Local time: 10:08
عضو (2015)
ألماني إلى فرنسي
+ ...
TM in the offline (Desktop) editor May 24

Samuel Murray wrote:
What I'm wondering (Stepan), is whether the online TM is available for the translator in the offline Phrase editor. In other words, is the online TM available to offline translators as long as they use Phrase's own editor? I understand that you'd still be unable to access the TM unless you use the Phrase editor, but it would be a step in the right direction.

I am not Stepan, but I seem to use Phrase the way he does : export the MXLIFF file (it even merges all the individual files), then open it in the desktop editor. You have to enter the credentials in the desktop editor, then some red LEDs turn green, meaning that the TM and the glossary are connected. Also, as you progress, the work is uploaded to the server.

My only gripe with Phrase is that I was never able to use XBench for QA. If someone knows a way to do it, please let me know. Even though there is a connector available, similar to what Sandra wrote, it will not work unless you are given a super-priviledged access. Apparently an API-enabled account is needed for the connector to link Phrase and XBench.

--
Philippe

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
البرتغال
Local time: 09:08
عضو (2015)
أنجليزي إلى برتغالي
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
Philippe, May 24

Philippe Noth wrote:

Samuel Murray wrote:
What I'm wondering (Stepan), is whether the online TM is available for the translator in the offline Phrase editor. In other words, is the online TM available to offline translators as long as they use Phrase's own editor? I understand that you'd still be unable to access the TM unless you use the Phrase editor, but it would be a step in the right direction.

I am not Stepan, but I seem to use Phrase the way he does : export the MXLIFF file (it even merges all the individual files), then open it in the desktop editor. You have to enter the credentials in the desktop editor, then some red LEDs turn green, meaning that the TM and the glossary are connected. Also, as you progress, the work is uploaded to the server.

My only gripe with Phrase is that I was never able to use XBench for QA. If someone knows a way to do it, please let me know. Even though there is a connector available, similar to what Sandra wrote, it will not work unless you are given a super-priviledged access. Apparently an API-enabled account is needed for the connector to link Phrase and XBench.

--
Philippe

First of all, my apologies to everyone!
This issue was resolved after I and the other translators spoke insistently with the agency.
We now have all the rights to import/export, download, etc. and work on Phrase Desktop Editor. Finally!
As for using X-Bench for QA with Phrase files, it is possible and I've tried it, but with an older version of the programme - version 2.9.

https://www.xbench.net/index.php/download

صفحات الموضوع:   < [1 2 3]

لم يتم تعيين مشرف خاص بهذا المنتدى
للإبلاغ عن انتهاكات لقواعد الموقع أو الحصول على مساعدة، يرجى الاتصال بـ العاملين في الموقع »

No chance of using Phrase's TM when downloading bilingual files in xliff or bilingual docx format?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »