Thread poster: IrinaN
IrinaN
IrinaN
United States
Local time: 06:08
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 5, 2020

***Please reply with your resume and your best COMPETITIVE (case retained - in) rate. A test may be required... ***

We came to the point where any ill-bred outsourcer can not just state but shout in our faces: "you'll work for peanuts or don't even show your face".

Not like I was interested in the first place, geographical reasons implied.

Wake up, Proz. They may offer any rates they want on a free market but they should be forced, if no manners have been p
... See more
***Please reply with your resume and your best COMPETITIVE (case retained - in) rate. A test may be required... ***

We came to the point where any ill-bred outsourcer can not just state but shout in our faces: "you'll work for peanuts or don't even show your face".

Wake up, Proz. They may offer any rates they want on a free market but they should be forced, if no manners have been planted into them by their parents or educational institutions, to remain respectful to this community. Proz should be guarding its most valuable sources of income (myself excluded) from such insults.

I'm sure this post will not go through but at least you'll read it. I shall not edit a single word.
Collapse

writeaway
Marina Taffetani
Christophe Delaunay
Tom in London
Emanuele Vacca
Ildiko Somog (X)
Morano El-Kholy

sdvplatt
sdvplatt
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:08
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
Wake up Proz? Mar 5, 2021

IrinaN wrote:

Wake up, Proz. They may offer any rates they want on a free market but they should be forced, if no manners have been planted into them by their parents or educational institutions, to remain respectful to this community. Proz should be guarding its most valuable sources of income (myself excluded) from such insults.

I'm sure this post will not go through but at least you'll read it. I shall not edit a single word.

Not sure what you mean. This is the Proz business model has been since it began.
Largely thru technology, fees are going to zero. Happening in other domains too. This is the NWO.

To combat it, I feel, we all need to become very good at specific niche areas, and know our value.
There has to be an equivalent hourly rate that one is simply not prepared to work at.
There will always be others willing to work lower but they wont provide the same levels of quality on a sustainable basis.
And if you are trying to compete with them, you are in the wrong market place.

Dan Lucas

IrinaN
IrinaN
United States
Local time: 06:08
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No title Mar 5, 2021

[quote]sdvplatt wrote:

IrinaN wrote:

-------

And if you are trying to compete with them, you are in the wrong market place.

Sorry but you did, indeed, miss my point. Plus, I'm not competing with anyone here, nor do I hunt here. You might have noticed how lousy my Proz profile is

My market place flies high and I'm pretty comfy up there.

This old post is really not worth reviving.

Respectfully,
Irina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A charming job offer for all linguists

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »