That is something new to my knowledge, but I am learning

Arianne Farah
Arianne Farah  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:33
Member (2008)
English to French
Facebook page Dec 11, 2020

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Facebook.

I set up a simple page that I update from time to time when something tickles my fancy. It's just another arrow in my online presence quiver to add legitimacy to my bid when I'm quoting on a project.

However, I do work mostly with agencies or clients who know the business. It's not my goal to pop up if someone googles 'French Canadian translator' - I'd be fielding calls all day from people who have no idea what translation c
... See more
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Facebook.

I set up a simple page that I update from time to time when something tickles my fancy. It's just another arrow in my online presence quiver to add legitimacy to my bid when I'm quoting on a project.

However, I do work mostly with agencies or clients who know the business. It's not my goal to pop up if someone googles 'French Canadian translator' - I'd be fielding calls all day from people who have no idea what translation costs or why a translation needs to be reviewed, or why their document needs a DTP step, etc. I leave that to the agencies.
Collapse

Jean Dimitriadis

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it worth having a personal website?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »