Thread poster: Khadis
Khadis
Khadis
Indonesia
Local time: 16:15
English to Indonesian
Feb 16, 2018

Hello,

I am running memoQ 2014 R2, and used it to translate several SVG files. The files were originally an EPS file, and because I couldn't translate them directly, I decided to export the files to SVG.

I was able to import and translate the files. The problem is, when I opened the translated SVG files in Adobe Illustrator CS6 (to be exported back to EPS files), the translated texts didn't appear, but only the source text. So far, I can only open the translated text by
... See more
Hello,

I am running memoQ 2014 R2, and used it to translate several SVG files. The files were originally an EPS file, and because I couldn't translate them directly, I decided to export the files to SVG.

I was able to import and translate the files. The problem is, when I opened the translated SVG files in Adobe Illustrator CS6 (to be exported back to EPS files), the translated texts didn't appear, but only the source text. So far, I can only open the translated text by creating new document and import the SVG files using File - Place menu, then export them back to EPS. But, this method is way too complex and time-consuming since I had to create new document (which have to be the same as the original document) and I couldn't place the image and the text in the exact place as the original document.

Is there any simpler action to fix this problem? I have tried to use Inkscape, but the text layout become mess.
Collapse

Kirill Loktionov

Péter Tófalvi
Péter Tófalvi  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 10:15
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Hello! Feb 9, 2023

Did you find any solution for this problem?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translated text in SVG files didn't appear

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »