MemoQ 2015 translation memory editor bug: filtering cancels all changes without warning
Thread poster: Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 22:20
Danish to English
+ ...
Mar 17, 2018

I'm tidying up my translation memories, and I realised, while using the editor, that as soon as I filter a TM (using the filtering fields above the columns), all unsaved changes are cancelled without warning or notification.

Of course I can just remember to use Ctrl+S to save the TM before filtering, but it's hard to see any useful purpose of this filtering-cancels-changes 'feechur'.

Are other MQ2015 users having the same problem? Has it been fixed in version 8+ (which
... See more
I'm tidying up my translation memories, and I realised, while using the editor, that as soon as I filter a TM (using the filtering fields above the columns), all unsaved changes are cancelled without warning or notification.

Of course I can just remember to use Ctrl+S to save the TM before filtering, but it's hard to see any useful purpose of this filtering-cancels-changes 'feechur'.

Are other MQ2015 users having the same problem? Has it been fixed in version 8+ (which I won't use until they have fixed their broken Shift+F3 function)?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ 2015 translation memory editor bug: filtering cancels all changes without warning

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »