Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Announcing new look for ProZ.com translator training pages
Thread poster: Matt Petrowski
Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Hi! Feb 20, 2014

Isabel Vidigal wrote:

I would like to know why "Webinars" are not in "Member Activities", I went there to find information about this webinar I wanted to do and could not find it.
Thanks,

Hello Isabel,

I am sorry for this belated reply but I wanted to mention that we have a special tab "Education" right next to "Member activities" where you can find all training formats available at the website. Also, you can find a special area "Knowledgebase" with information on books for sale, articles submitted by translators, translation industry reports, links to the Translation industry wiki and to Scam alert center can be found there, too.

By the way, you may submit your suggestions at http://proz.uservoice.com/forums/72471-training as well.

Thanks!

My bests,
Helen

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Links for webinars for registered, paid particpants Feb 20, 2014

Donna Stevens wrote:

I recently missed a webinar about conversion of CAT files for which I had registered and paid. It was said that I would find the link in an email that had been sent to me.

Well, I could not locate that email, even in the spam folder. By the time I discovered this, it was too late. I admit I am often distracted and slightly disorganized, but I'm sure I'm not alone. It's understandable that messages sent to support are not read in real time. However, I have yet to receive a reply to my message sent more than a day ago.

Yes, I know I will be able to view the video in a week's time.

However, wouldn't it be good to send registered and paid participants the link as a Proz message, so it can be viewed in the individual's Proz message inbox, in addition to sending it as an email? There is only 1 message in my Proz box right now- and that was the one welcoming me to the Proz community 4 years ago. Right now, I don't feel particularly welcome.

I'm sure there are other members such as myself who would welcome this.
Best regards
Donna

Hello Donna,

I am very sorry you have had such experience joining the session. A link from the training platform is emailed at least two times: 72 hours before a webinar and about 40 minutes before the session starts. It is vital to get such an email as it contains a link unique to you and it should not be shared with others.

As a rule, it is suggested to check a spam box in case you do not have such a link. You should also check if you have submitted correct contact details at the training page so that a link is notified to your email address. If such details are not provided you will see a warning on the registration box on the training page.

If you are experiencing any problems, please submit a support request at http://www.proz.com/support/ and the link will be provided in reply to this request accordingly. I see you were sent a link to the session about 10 minutes after the support request was submitted and I hope you could participate in the live session fine.

Most of webinars are recorded (note: SDL Trados Training & Certification are not recorded) and within one working week after the session all attendees will be emailed a link to training materials and webinar video. All participants will get unlimited access to the page with materials and videos. In case you cannot access this page or need further information, please do not hesitate to submit a support request.

Thank you!

My bests,
Helen

Branca Amado
Branca Amado  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:48
English to Portuguese
+ ...
public feedback Nov 25, 2014

I suggest the choice of sending a training feedback without making it public.

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Thank you for sharing your idea Nov 26, 2014

Branca Amado wrote:

I suggest the choice of sending a training feedback without making it public.

Hi Branca,

Thank you for sharing your idea. In the meantime you may wish to contact a trainer in case you want to learn more or share your feedback with the trainer. Also, you are always welcome to share your feedback or request another session on a certain topic or with a certain trainer at http://www.proz.com/support/

Thank you!

My bests,
Helen

Ashraf Abd El- Kader
Ashraf Abd El- Kader
Egypt
Local time: 19:48
Japanese to Arabic
+ ...
good.. but... Mar 25, 2016

Hi, I like the new interface.. but I miss ical export/ sync feature I have in facebook.

Such feature enables me to grab events to my mobile calender, outlook calender, etc...

If there`s no ProZ mobile app that adds events to my calendar, there`s a high need to be able to sync them to my calendar.

Thanks!

Ashraf Abd El- Kader
Ashraf Abd El- Kader
Egypt
Local time: 19:48
Japanese to Arabic
+ ...
to better system Mar 25, 2016

emm, I recommend facebook- like system.

- Shall attend/ may be attending.
- Full details included in calendar.
- One link sync to calendar.

Sarah Bouachacha
Sarah Bouachacha  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:48
English to French
+ ...
Dito Jan 25, 2017

Donna Stevens wrote:

I'm sure there are other members such as myself who would welcome this.
Best regards
Donna

Hello Donna,

You've right you are not the only one. I thought I am the only one with such a problem I also do get the link to the session and as I see you met this trouble for 2 years and now the only answer I get from Helen is the same.

So now I am just asked to paid to retake the session. WHAT a SHAME!

Alex Ossa
Alex Ossa  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 14:48
Member (2017)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Saved courses (wish list?) Sep 7, 2017

Hi!

You're doing great work, thank you for everything! I am missing one feature among the courses, though... a button to save a course for future reference - a wish list, of sorts, so if I like a course but am not sure I can purchase straight away, I can still come back later to my own list to easily access it instead of going "what was the name of that course again....?" while sifting through the whole catalogue.

Thanks!

Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:48
English to Russian
+ ...
I got an email invitation to attend a workshop in Italian May 29, 2018

which I do not speak or translate from.

https://www.proz.com/translator-training/course/16138-come_convertire_da_un_formato_allaltro_le_tm_ed_i_glossari_dei_principali_cat_tool_trados_wordfast_memoq_dejavu

Please fix this. Thank you.

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Thank you for reporting the issue. Appropriate actions have been taken May 29, 2018

Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for reporting. I am sorry for any inconvenience it could cause you. Appropriate actions have been taken.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

My bests,
Helen

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing new look for ProZ.com translator training pages

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »