Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >
New Plus package benefit: Free download of Henk Sanderson's IATE terminology packages
Thread poster: ..... (X)
Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:29
English to Italian
CSV Jun 6, 2017

Robert Forstag wrote:

Apologies in advance for what is probably a dumb question, but as far as I can tell (having downloaded a couple of these packages), they are all but useless for dinosaurs such as myself who do not use any CAT tool.

Please confirm or correct this assumption.

Actually, you can use the CSV versions, opening them (tab delimited fields) with a spreadsheet software.

Henk Sanderson
Henk Sanderson  Identity Verified
Netherlands
German to Dutch
+ ...
Use the free program XBench Jun 6, 2017

Robert Forstag wrote:

Apologies in advance for what is probably a dumb question, but as far as I can tell (having downloaded a couple of these packages), they are all but useless for dinosaurs such as myself who do not use any CAT tool.

Please confirm or correct this assumption.

Hi Robert,
you could use the free program XBench version 2.9.0 to immediately see all occurrences of a certain word or phrase entered by you together with their translations (as single words and embedded in sentences). Very handy for dinosaurs...

Good luck,
Henk Sanderson

[Edited at 2017-06-06 14:24 GMT]

cloudhunter (X)
cloudhunter (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Spam... Jun 7, 2017

I have signed to TM with my proz.com account and TM-Town finds it allright to spam me with their offers. Well, one more reason not to be buying the plus package next year.

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:29
Member (2004)
English to Italian
yes... Jun 7, 2017

Henk Sanderson wrote:

you could use the free program XBench version 2.9.0 to immediately see all occurrences of a certain word or phrase entered by you together with their translations (as single words and embedded in sentences). Very handy for dinosaurs...

Good luck,
Henk Sanderson

[Edited at 2017-06-06 14:24 GMT]

that's exactly what I used...

Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 16:29
German to English
+ ...
A way to get rid of this Plus package "gift" Jun 7, 2017

cloudhunter wrote:

I have signed to TM with my proz.com account and TM-Town finds it allright to spam me with their offers. Well, one more reason not to be buying the plus package next year.

Outlook>Home>Junk>Block sender

Harry Blake Paz Bonzano
Harry Blake Paz Bonzano  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2014)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Where? Jun 9, 2017

Kevin Dias wrote:

Harry Blake Paz Bonzano wrote:

I did not know about this marketplace. I just extracted myself from IATE glossary and made it for my CAT tool in my language pairs.

Anyway, I did not find the "Sign in with ProZ.com" button when trying to access.

Hi Harry,

You can find the "Sign in with ProZ.com" button on this page: https://www.tm-town.com/translators/sign_in

Best regards,
Kevin

Please, explain to me where can I login with the Proz button. Thank you.

TM-Town Proz

..... (X)
..... (X)
Local time: 23:29
TOPIC STARTER
Sign in with ProZ.com Jun 9, 2017

Kevin Dias wrote:

I did not know about this marketplace. I just extracted myself from IATE glossary and made it for my CAT tool in my language pairs.

Anyway, I did not find the "Sign in with ProZ.com" button when trying to access.

Hi Harry,

You can find the "Sign in with ProZ.com" button on this page: https://www.tm-town.com/translators/sign_in

Best regards,
Kevin

Please, explain to me where can I login with the Proz button. Thank you.

TM-Town Proz

Hi Harry,

Here is what that page should look like. Please check that you do not have any ad blockers installed that may be interfering with the page. If that is not the issue, please submit a support request with info on your browser and browser version and we will check into it.

Best regards,
Kevin

Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 6.52.59 AM

Harry Blake Paz Bonzano
Harry Blake Paz Bonzano  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2014)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Problem solved Jun 9, 2017

Thank you!

Anders Ericsson
Anders Ericsson
Sweden
Member (2011)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Don't get a free button Jun 29, 2017

I upgraded to plus yesterday (one of the reasons was specifically the IATE-packages), now I'm logging into TM-town with the proz.com button, but when I go to the IATE packages I do not get the green free button but the blue pay button. Anything special I'm missing that I need to do to get the free downloads?

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
We translators are really open minded people.... Jun 29, 2017

After reading all the negative comments about the 'free gift' of Henk, which I think is great, I am wondering how open minded we are. Let me put it this way, if I would start a revolution, don't expect an invitation.

[Edited at 2017-06-30 08:55 GMT]

..... (X)
..... (X)
TOPIC STARTER
Please contact support Jun 29, 2017

Anders Ericsson wrote:

I upgraded to plus yesterday (one of the reasons was specifically the IATE-packages), now I'm logging into TM-town with the proz.com button, but when I go to the IATE packages I do not get the green free button but the blue pay button. Anything special I'm missing that I need to do to get the free downloads?

Hi Anders,

Thank you for your Plus subscription purchase. Could you please submit a support request and I can help you. I don't see an account on TM-Town that is linked to your ProZ.com account.

Best regards,
Kevin

József Lázár
József Lázár  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2010)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TM-town doesn't seem to recognize my Plus status Jul 2, 2017

In attempting to get the free IATE term base I don't see the green button as per instruction:
"Plus subscribers will see the following green download button on the terminology package page (in lieu of the blue purchase button)".
Please advise.
J

BEVERLY OATES HREHOROW

Anders Ericsson
Anders Ericsson
Sweden
Member (2011)
English to Swedish
+ ...
IATE package problem Jul 2, 2017

Kevin Dias wrote:

Anders Ericsson wrote:

Hi Anders,

Thank you for your Plus subscription purchase. Could you please submit a support request and I can help you. I don't see an account on TM-Town that is linked to your ProZ.com account.

Best regards,
Kevin

Thanks, I have submitted a support ticket.

BEVERLY OATES HREHOROW

..... (X)
..... (X)
TOPIC STARTER
Support Jul 2, 2017

József Lázár wrote:

In attempting to get the free IATE term base I don't see the green button as per instruction:
"Plus subscribers will see the following green download button on the terminology package page (in lieu of the blue purchase button)".
Please advise.
J

Hi József,

I checked your TM-Town account and you have successfully connected your ProZ.com account and it recognizes your Plus subscription. If you are logged in and go to this page (for example): https://www.tm-town.com/terminology-marketplace/en_hu you should be able to see the green download button at the top.

If you are still having trouble please submit a support request on ProZ.com and I can help you further.

Kevin

BEVERLY OATES HREHOROW

Estrella Bosch Giménez
Estrella Bosch Giménez  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2014)
Spanish
+ ...
Where exactly is the downloa button? Jul 3, 2017

Hi all!

Maybe this has been asked before but I am unable to find the said blue button to download the IATE Glossaries as a Plus Member in TM-Town... I logged myself through proz.com, although I have an account at TM-Town also but then I cannot find the glossaries download button anywhere...??? Any ideas? Thank you!

BEVERLY OATES HREHOROW

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New Plus package benefit: Free download of Henk Sanderson's IATE terminology packages

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »