Thread poster: C. MASKA
C. MASKA
C. MASKA
France
Local time: 15:55
English to French
+ ...
Apr 22, 2018

They will ask you to perform big translation works against certified bank checks. It's all fraudulent. Email addresses: [email protected] and [email protected]

Tony M
Tony M
France
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
The oldest scam in the book! Apr 22, 2018

Gald you didn't get caught, but there are still people around who really need to tighten up their due diligence procedures: this is one of the oldest scams that's been reported by translators for years, and if people would only followed the advice in the ProZ.com scam centre, they could easily avoid getting caught.
There is also a guy who runs an independent 'blacklist' of scammers, it's been mentioned many times before in these forums; you should report it there too, although these are ob
... See more
Gald you didn't get caught, but there are still people around who really need to tighten up their due diligence procedures: this is one of the oldest scams that's been reported by translators for years, and if people would only followed the advice in the ProZ.com scam centre, they could easily avoid getting caught.
There is also a guy who runs an independent 'blacklist' of scammers, it's been mentioned many times before in these forums; you should report it there too, although these are obviously fake names and burner e-mail addresses.
People who use Gmail etc. vehemently insist that it is NOT unprofessional to do so, but I'm afraid I always see one of these free, throwaway addresses as the first warning sign: 100% of all the scams I've received have been from such addresses, while only about 5% of my genuine professional customers use them as their primary address. QED!

[Edited at 2018-04-22 10:06 GMT]
Collapse

C. MASKA
C. MASKA
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Precisely Apr 22, 2018

I did not get caught at all. Too much experience. I am just warning new translators.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 14:55
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Corinne Apr 22, 2018

Thanks! Why not report their names to be added to the Translators Scammers Directory?

http://www.translator-scammers.com/translator-scammers-directory.htm

Morano El-Kholy
Morano El-Kholy  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 16:55
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
I need to access Translators Scammers Directory. Apr 22, 2018

I am trying to access Translators Scammers Directory but in vain! I am denied access.

I need to report another scammer whom I did a big project recently but disappeared and did not pay me at all!

How can I be permitted to log in this website?

[Edited at 2018-04-22 13:05 GMT]

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 14:55
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Access Apr 22, 2018

Morano El-Kholy wrote:

I am trying to access Translators Scammers Directory but in vain! I am denied access.

I need to report another scammer whom I did a big project recently but disappeared and did not pay me at all!

How can I be permitted to log in this website?

[Edited at 2018-04-22 13:05 GMT]

I've just accessed it, without a problem. Have you tried this link?

Morano El-Kholy
Morano El-Kholy  Identity Verified
Egypt
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Yes, I've tried this link, but it did not work! Apr 22, 2018

Teresa Borges wrote:

Thanks, dear Teresa for your prom
... See more
Teresa Borges wrote:

Thanks, dear Teresa for your prompt reply but I do not know what's wrong...
Collapse

mohamed aglan
mohamed aglan  Identity Verified
Egypt
Member (2018)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Thanks Apr 22, 2018

thanks a million for this list and plz try keeping it up to date
Tony M wrote:

There is also a guy who runs an independent 'blacklist' of scammers, it's been mentioned many times before in these forums; you should report it there too, although these are obviously fake names and burner e-mail addresses.
People who use Gmail etc. vehemently insist that it is NOT unprofessional to do so, but I'm afraid I always see one of these free, throwaway addresses as the first warning sign: 100% of all the scams I've received have been from such addresses, while only about 5% of my genuine professional customers use them as their primary address. QED!

[Edited at 2018-04-22 10:06 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Two new thieves: Dave GRAHAM and Thom WEST

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »