Ventnai
Ventnai  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:03
German to English
+ ...
Mar 14, 2019

Good morning

Does anyone have another solution for opening packages? I had a problem yesterday with a different message and resolved it with help from SDL support but now I'm getting a different message, which I have had before but the solution that the SDL Knowledge Base gives does not work and is for Studio 2015 and I am using 2019 on Windows 10. I also have SDL Freshstart, which doesn't work either. It is not possible to log on to SDL right now to open a support ticket.
... See more
Good morning

Does anyone have another solution for opening packages? I had a problem yesterday with a different message and resolved it with help from SDL support but now I'm getting a different message, which I have had before but the solution that the SDL Knowledge Base gives does not work and is for Studio 2015 and I am using 2019 on Windows 10. I also have SDL Freshstart, which doesn't work either. It is not possible to log on to SDL right now to open a support ticket.

This is the message

Access to the path 'C:\Users\user\Documents\My Music' is denied.

Thank you

Ian
Collapse

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 15:03
Chinese to English
+ ...
Try this Mar 14, 2019

Right click the file -> Properties -> Uncheck the box "Read-only" if it is checked.

Ventnai
Spain
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 14, 2019

Thanks Lincoln. Not checked, unfortunately.

Amnon Shapira
Amnon Shapira  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 10:03
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
ZIP Mar 14, 2019

Hi Ventnai,
On the package file, replace the file type (sdlxliff) with ZIP.
open the ZIP, save the content and try translation of a single file or create your own local project.

Adam Warren

Ventnai
Spain
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 14, 2019

Thanks Amnon. I'll try that workaround when I need it. I would like a permanent solution. Clients really want a complete return package.

Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 15:03
Chinese to English
+ ...
Another option Mar 15, 2019

Also check if there's an "Unblock" box on the file's properties page.

Ventnai
Spain
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 18, 2019

Thanks Lincoln,

Still no permanent answer for this question. I submitted support cases to SDL almost a week ago and no solution.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Access to the path denied for opening 2019 packages

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »