Gustavo Martínez Ursi
Gustavo Martínez Ursi
Australia
Local time: 08:44
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 13, 2019

Hi all,

I am currently trying out TO3000 3D (build 15.2.0.173) to see if it suits my workflow (create client, send quote, if quote is accepted then translate and then create invoice). I have been following the Quick Start Guide (QSG) from the Help files, and so far I have been able to create my clients (with varying degrees of information) and generated quotes for them. So far so good...

My problem arises at the invoicing stage or, rather, just before, at the job creati
... See more
Hi all,

I am currently trying out TO3000 3D (build 15.2.0.173) to see if it suits my workflow (create client, send quote, if quote is accepted then translate and then create invoice). I have been following the Quick Start Guide (QSG) from the Help files, and so far I have been able to create my clients (with varying degrees of information) and generated quotes for them. So far so good...

My problem arises at the invoicing stage or, rather, just before, at the job creation stage. According to the QSG, you create a job for a client and then create the invoice from there. That in itself is not a problem for me. It's actually how my current software works. The problem is that I cannot find how to load the jobs from the existing quote (which are actually called "draft jobs" for some reason) into the New Job tab.

I think it's counter-productive to have to re-enter the job information once the client accepts the job. I'm sure there is a quick way to convert the quote into a job/invoice without having to re-enter all the information, but for the life of me I cannot find it!

I would be very grateful for any hints, suggestions, advice...

Thanks,

Gus Martínez.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TO3000 3D - Creating job from existing quote

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »