How to leave Sfera/Deluxe?
Thread poster: Jerry_Po
Jerry_Po
Jerry_Po
Poland
Dec 7, 2020

Hello All,

I've read some posts on issues with Sfera/Deluxe, but I couldn't find anything on how to leave their pool of translators.

I deleted my Sfera account roughly a year ago, after not doing anything for them for some two years. I read somewhere online that this would be enough and that it meant that I no longer wanted to work with them. Having deactivated the account, I received an email with an address to which I should write if I wanted to reactivate it or in c
... See more
Hello All,

I've read some posts on issues with Sfera/Deluxe, but I couldn't find anything on how to leave their pool of translators.

I deleted my Sfera account roughly a year ago, after not doing anything for them for some two years. I read somewhere online that this would be enough and that it meant that I no longer wanted to work with them. Having deactivated the account, I received an email with an address to which I should write if I wanted to reactivate it or in case of any questions, so I asked them if there was anything else I needed to do to leave over a week ago and received no reply.

What is your experience? Have you got any advice?

Thank you in advance!
Collapse

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:38
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Ignore them Dec 8, 2020

You have deleted your account, but that doesn't mean that you are no longer listed with them. Just ignore their email and don't waste your time waiting for a reply. The mail they sent you in regards to what you need to do in order to no longer be listed was probably an automatically generated one.

Yaotl Altan

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
Local time: 20:38
French to Italian
+ ...
Hi Jerry Dec 8, 2020

Are you still receiving their notifications?
I never worked for them because they only offered urgent jobs and I don't work 24/7... so I deleted my account but I was still getting a lot of emails from them, until I sent an email to [email protected] stating I don't work for Sfera and they immediately stopped contacting me.

Jerry_Po
Jerry_Po
Poland
TOPIC STARTER
No contact from Sfera Dec 8, 2020

Hello, and thank you for your replies!
Ever since I deleted the account I haven't received any messages from them. The e-mail address you've mentioned is the one I sent my follow-up question to - still no answer. Do you guys know if I should do anything else?

freezone (X)
freezone (X)
United Arab Emirates
That is the main purpose of it, I got you Dec 9, 2020

That is the main purpose of it, I got you

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:38
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Country Feb 3

Jerry_Po wrote:

Hello All,

Where is that agency from, Jerry_Po?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to leave Sfera/Deluxe?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »