Watson's wine glossary
Thread poster: Alexandra Speirs
Alexandra Speirs
Alexandra Speirs  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:21
Italian to English
+ ...
Mar 14, 2019

Can anyone still access the wine glossary set up by our late colleague Giles Watson?
I know some friends kept it up and I was able to use it for some time.
Now I find only the Login page, I log in but nothing happens.
I've tried pretending I've lost my password and asking for a new link and it says it has sent me one, but nothing arrives.

Failing that, does anyone know of another good source for wine terminology IT>ENG?

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 08:21
SITE STAFF
It appears to be working fine, but emails were filtered to my spam folder Mar 14, 2019

Hi Alexandra,

I don't think I had an account there so I registered one, and I noticed the confirmation email was filtered to my Spam folder. Did you check to make sure the password reset email didn't get filtered for you too? Note that in 2016 usernames were all shifted to email addresses, so you should be entering your email as your username.

If neither of the above are the issue, it looks like you can also contact some
... See more
Hi Alexandra,

I don't think I had an account there so I registered one, and I noticed the confirmation email was filtered to my Spam folder. Did you check to make sure the password reset email didn't get filtered for you too? Note that in 2016 usernames were all shifted to email addresses, so you should be entering your email as your username.

If neither of the above are the issue, it looks like you can also contact someone for technical help at https://www.watsons-wine-glossary.it/en/credits.html

Let me know how it goes!

Jared
Collapse

Alexandra Speirs
Alexandra Speirs  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:21
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no spam Mar 14, 2019

Nothing in the Spam..
I even tried to make a new account with a different e-mail address, but got nothing there either.
I'll keep trying and try the contacts if there are no developments!

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:21
Member (2008)
Italian to English
No problem here Mar 14, 2019

I tried logging in just now, and encountered no problems.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Watson's wine glossary

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »