Страниц в теме:   < [1 2]
How has the weak US dollar affected your rates?
Автор темы: Francisco Pavez (X)
Francisco Pavez (X)
Francisco Pavez (X)  Identity Verified
Канада
Local time: 00:36
английский => испанский
+ ...
Автор темы
Thank you, y'all Sep 21, 2007

I want to thank everyone for their comments and insights.

I just hope this switch to the Euro for international trade proves beneficial for all.

Good night

Tim Drayton
Tim Drayton  Identity Verified
Кипр
Local time: 10:36
турецкий => английский
+ ...
Same story as for other European traslators Sep 21, 2007

My experiences are similar to other European colleagues. Since I work mainly in euros/British pounds, I have become too expensive for US-based clients. I don't think I have received a single inquiry about work from the US this year. The percentage of my total work performed for client sin the US was 3% in 2005, 17% in 2006, but 0% so far this year.

Alp Berker
Alp Berker  Identity Verified
США
Local time: 03:36
турецкий => английский
+ ...
Памяти
American Dollar Feeling a Little Loonie Sep 21, 2007

Another Article on the Canadian vs. the US Dollar:

American Dollar Feeling a Little Loonie

http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=132938&ran=30642

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
США
Local time: 00:36
английский => немецкий
+ ...
Памяти
Works perfectly fine for me. Sep 22, 2007

My US-rates go up while the living expenses remain the same. I receive so many offers, I have to decline at least 30%. I can pick what I like.

I like it!!

An anecdote:

Recently I received a phone call from a European translator colleague. Quote: "So, with the weak dollar and all, are you working for less now?"

Hahahaha!

Do the math.

Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:36
немецкий => английский
+ ...
My living expenses are up Sep 24, 2007

Nicole,

Are your living expenses really the same as 5 yrs. ago? Granted, I live in a relatively expensive metro area, but I have seen my living expenses go up recently, as I mentioned in my previous post. This is one reason I'm glad to have the euro work. It's more than helped me keep up with the price increases without raising rates significantly.

Andy Lemminger
Andy Lemminger  Identity Verified
Канада
Local time: 01:36
Член ProZ.com c 2002
английский => немецкий
Slight changes only Sep 24, 2007

I only ask for more than I used to if a new US-client approaches me.

In my opinion it is not wise to switch to the EUR for all clients or to drop good clients just because the USD is currently weak.

Things constantly change so do you want to drop your EUR-clients if the USD starts rising again and the EUR will go down?
... See more
I only ask for more than I used to if a new US-client approaches me.

In my opinion it is not wise to switch to the EUR for all clients or to drop good clients just because the USD is currently weak.

Things constantly change so do you want to drop your EUR-clients if the USD starts rising again and the EUR will go down?

Best regards

Andy
www.interlations.com
Collapse

Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:36
немецкий => английский
+ ...
Agree with Andy Sep 25, 2007

I agree with Andy. I like to keep a balance of EUR/US clients, even though I'm benefiting right now from the EUR jobs. The US clients generally pay more quickly and I can just pop the check into my account with no fees.

Daniel Jimenez
Daniel Jimenez  Identity Verified
Испания
Local time: 09:36
английский => испанский
Currency Sep 26, 2007

Check out this currency converter!
http://www.xe.com/

Страниц в теме:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How has the weak US dollar affected your rates?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »