Deleting the Personal Tab
Thread poster: PoveyTrans (X)
PoveyTrans (X)
PoveyTrans (X)

Local time: 14:02
German to English
Feb 8, 2008

I am probably missing the glaringly obvious but I cannot find how to make the 'Personal' tab not appear on my page. I have recently deleted some text there and don't want visitors to click on an empty page. Been through all the profile-updating functions and cannot seem to locate it...

any help greatly appreciated!

Simon

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 15:02
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
send a support ticket ... Feb 9, 2008

I am probably missing the glaringly obvious but I cannot find how to make the 'Personal' tab not appear on my page...

They know for sure how to tweak it.

PoveyTrans (X)
PoveyTrans (X)

Local time: 14:02
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Hvala Feb 9, 2008

Hvala Vam. I am loathed to hassle them but if it is not obvious, then this may be the only way.

Sajmon

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 10:02
SITE STAFF
Tab removed Feb 11, 2008

Hello Simon,

As I mention in your support request, the Personal tab in your profile has been removed. There were some spaces in the field for the tab, which were counting as content and keeping it visible. Remember that if you would like to re-add it in the future, or would like to add another additional tab to your profile, just go to "Settings" in your profile, and "Custom tabs".

Best regards,

Jared

Kristina Radziulyte
Kristina Radziulyte  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 16:02
Member (2006)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...

The Personal tab is still shown to visitors, no option to edit it though Feb 20, 2009

I've just noticed that when I force my Visitors view, I don't see my Personal tab, but when I am not logged in to Proz, the tab is shown in my profile and it's empty. I tried to find the way to edit it or to add some content, but I can't see such option in Settings >Custom tabs.
I think it's a bug. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deleting the Personal Tab

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »