Téma indítója: Ana Costa
Ana Costa
Ana Costa  Identity Verified
Portugália
Local time: 04:35
portugál - angol
+ ...
Aug 22, 2012

I would like to make it known that I just received a very kind email from a proz member letting me known about a post here which said that I had stolen someone's CV, which is absolutely not true.

I have absolutely nothing to do with that and I will report this incident immediately.

Thus, I would like to tell everyone to be on the alert.

All the best,

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentína
Local time: 00:35
Tag (2006 óta)
angol - spanyol
Scammers in action Aug 22, 2012

Hi Ana,

The poster in the other thread did not blame you at all.

There are scammers around, as described in this thread that impersonate translators and outsourcers to steal from agencies and also from service providers.

We should not panic, or abandon Internet. Most transactions are honest and all we need to do is to have and follow good risk management procedures.

Good risk manageme
... See more
Hi Ana,

The poster in the other thread did not blame you at all.

There are scammers around, as described in this thread that impersonate translators and outsourcers to steal from agencies and also from service providers.

We should not panic, or abandon Internet. Most transactions are honest and all we need to do is to have and follow good risk management procedures.

Good risk management states that you should get good contact information and verify this information when contacted by an unknown person with a business proposition. In this case the agencies are doing their homework and getting a confirmation with the real translator, and this is how the scam is discovered.

Regards,
Enrique Cavalitto
Collapse

Ana Costa
Ana Costa  Identity Verified
Portugália
Local time: 04:35
portugál - angol
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
I know Aug 22, 2012

I know, I have just been talking to Myriam and I understand what she is going through, But both of us would need some help here on how to deal with this and protect our details from this hacker.

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Németország
Local time: 05:35
Tag (2009 óta)
angol - német
+ ...
Protection Aug 23, 2012

anashuster wrote:

I know, I have just been talking to Myriam and I understand what she is going through, But both of us would need some help here on how to deal with this and protect our details from this hacker.

Hi Ana,

you could use the "CV avaiable upon request" feature. This way nobody can just snatch your CV by visiting your site.

I'm even going a step further by having replaced my contact data in my CV with a note that this data is available upon request. Thus far, nobody has complained about this "feature".

Stay safe!

Regards,
Thayenga

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

A fórum moderátora(i)
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Someone reporting me and using my name

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »