Natalia Zudaire
Natalia Zudaire  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:32
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 22, 2005

I want to know if there is a way to use a secondary email address for Kudoz notifications and forums.
I want to keep my job address for mail sent through my profile, jobs, etc. But I want to use another address for Kudoz notifications and forums.
Is this possible? And if not, I suggest this would be a nice feature! =)

Thank you

Natalia

[Edited at 2005-04-22 13:05]

Fuad Yahya
Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabic
+ ...
A great idea Apr 22, 2005

I had thought of the same thing but never was able to express it so clearly. If it could be accomplished, it would be very helpful. Those who want their "notification address" to be the same as their "working address" can have the same address in both fields in their email settings, but some of us want the two kinds of communication going to different mail boxes.

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:32
English to German
Good idea Apr 22, 2005

This has already been talked about in the past, but it has not been implemented yet. Thanks for bringing it up again, Natalia.

In fact, taking customisation further, it would be great if all those different types of notifications (KudoZ, Jobs, Forums, e-mails via Profile link, etc.) could be individually directed to different e-mail addresses.

Endre

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 10:32
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Seconded here too Apr 22, 2005

I have seen the request several times and, if I'm not wrong, Moderators have asked for it particularly because we have more e-mails generated in ProZ.com

Claudia

Laure Delpech
Laure Delpech  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:32
Member (2004)
English to French
That would be very convenient May 19, 2005

I have chosen to receive posts from at least 7 or 8 forums, and I don't want to be disturbed every time a post comes through. So, these would go to my secondary email address, which I can look at when I have time.

However, I would like to receive job announcements on my primary email address, so that I can look at them as soon as they come through.

Laure

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Secondary email address for notifications

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »