Thread poster: Evangelion (X)
Evangelion (X)
Evangelion (X)
Mozambique
Local time: 13:05
Polish to English
+ ...
Feb 11, 2011

I use Across very rarely and am therefore absolutely not proficient with the software or the environement - if anyone would be so kind as to provide me assistance, please make it dumb-proof, i.e. step-by-step-you-need-to-click-this-window-which-is-located-here

I received a task from a client, logged on to his server. I was informed of an update available, so I downloaded it and installed it. All went smooth, Across res
... See more
I use Across very rarely and am therefore absolutely not proficient with the software or the environement - if anyone would be so kind as to provide me assistance, please make it dumb-proof, i.e. step-by-step-you-need-to-click-this-window-which-is-located-here

I received a task from a client, logged on to his server. I was informed of an update available, so I downloaded it and installed it. All went smooth, Across restarted and...we have a problem.

At first I get w message box informing me that my installed version does not match the patch and that I need to migrate. I agree, and there's a message box informing me, that there was an error - "operation completed succesfully". Then I am prompted to provide a username and password. When I use the one provided by the client, I again get an error informing me that everything went smoothly and am redirected back to the login/paswword box.

If I cancel the migration, everything seems to be working fine - I can translate and stuff. But since this is quite a big one, I'd like to solve all the technicalities before the night on which I have to send it back

I have screen shots ready, but am unable to put them on Proz - can mail them.
Collapse

AAV
AAV
Local time: 18:05
Server problem Feb 15, 2011

Looks like some of migration files do not exist on server side.
I would suggest your server administrators to contact Across support.

Anyway, this unlikely will cause any problems for you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Across patching - migration error

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »