Error message in Across Retrieval Wizard - Personal Edition v. 5.0
Thread poster: Sarah Port
Sarah Port
Sarah Port  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:00
German to English
+ ...
Apr 16, 2012

I am using Across for the first time and I have managed to get to the Retrieval Wizard where it is necessary to import tasks and when I try to manually import the CWU file I get the error message:

Authorisation rejected: different versions
Package database version: 11
Current Across database version: 10

Does anyone know how I can solve this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
English to Italian
+ ...
Try uninstalling and reinstalling Apr 16, 2012

First thing, I want to tell you that Across is a real pain, I just wasted one whole day with it since I downloaded a patch which was not supposed to be downloaded. It appears that you did something similar, have a version which is not supported by the server (my assumption, I am not sure). So I would try first with uninstall and reinstall.
Good luck with one of the worst CAT tools ever!

AAV
AAV
Local time: 00:00
Try to upgrade you version to a newer one Apr 17, 2012

Problem is that server who created a task for you, has a newer version of Across, than you have.
There are three possible ways to resolve this:
1) apply same or newer patch compared to the one installed on the server (what version do you have? Across SP1 E? Try to upgrade to F patch).
2) contact you project manager and ask them to build a package with lower package version, so you'd be able to import it.
3) try to download task directly from server (not via CWU file), in
... See more
Problem is that server who created a task for you, has a newer version of Across, than you have.
There are three possible ways to resolve this:
1) apply same or newer patch compared to the one installed on the server (what version do you have? Across SP1 E? Try to upgrade to F patch).
2) contact you project manager and ask them to build a package with lower package version, so you'd be able to import it.
3) try to download task directly from server (not via CWU file), in this case package will be "downgraded" automatically.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message in Across Retrieval Wizard - Personal Edition v. 5.0

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »