Bug in corcordance search still not resolved - mouseclick and shortcut not working??
Thread poster: Ömer Maraş
Ömer Maraş
Ömer Maraş
Türkiye
Local time: 18:31
German to Turkish
+ ...
Nov 10, 2021

hi folks,

I'm experiencing a bug in the concordance search of across. Whenever I make a concordance search per mouse click or shortcut wthin the "working pane", the language direction in the (bottom) concordance search pane is reversed. So if I'm working DE>TR and the concordance search pane also shows DE>TR, I search for a term which I know is there (say, just in the previous segment), the concordance search pane shows 0 results and my search term is inserted into its "search words
... See more
hi folks,

I'm experiencing a bug in the concordance search of across. Whenever I make a concordance search per mouse click or shortcut wthin the "working pane", the language direction in the (bottom) concordance search pane is reversed. So if I'm working DE>TR and the concordance search pane also shows DE>TR, I search for a term which I know is there (say, just in the previous segment), the concordance search pane shows 0 results and my search term is inserted into its "search words in crosstank" line, but the language direction is automatically changed to TR>DE (no wonder that it doesn't find my term, then!). But when I go through the tedious steps of copying the term, clicking into the search window, writing or pasting my term inside, and hitting Enter, it finds my term (mostly - it still cannot find terms if I don't write them exactly as they appear, so a search for "Tür" cannot find "Türen")

Is this a special feature of across to spite translators, or just an ancient bug??

regards,

Omer Maras
Collapse

Vorchuchelo
Vorchuchelo
Russian Federation
Concordance direction Nov 15, 2021

Hi Ömer,
from what I know, concordance search direction is switched automatically, depending on the place where the word is selected.
If you select the word in source text, then Across searches directly. If you select the word in target column or target text, then the search direction is reversed.
Is it the case you named as a bug?

Ömer Maraş
Ömer Maraş
Türkiye
Local time: 18:31
German to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no "shift" + F3 option? Nov 15, 2021

but that's stupid - what's the use of a shortcut key, if it does not provide a "shortcut"? is there no option like "shift" plus some other keys IN THE TARGET PANE, so I can just copy source into the target field, translate them, and search for the term I need, while in the target field itself? This is possible in all (or most) of the CAT tools, like F3 to search for terms in the target language and shift+F3 to search in the source language in SDL Studio...

Vorchuchelo
Vorchuchelo
Russian Federation
Something maybe missing Nov 16, 2021

but that's stupid

I am not going to humiliate the free tool I am using.
You can change in settings the shortcut for concordance search to F3 of what you would prefer.
Direction of concordance search still depends on the place from where it is started.

[Edited at 2021-11-16 10:55 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bug in corcordance search still not resolved - mouseclick and shortcut not working??

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »