De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: monitor
monitor
monitor  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:01
Engels naar Duits
+ ...
Aug 22, 2012

Dear colleagues,

Every now and then we are asked to do an alignment for a client in order to leverage most out of legacy documents.
My client has asked me to do an alignment with 40 documents and around 410'000 words.
So great I thought let's have a go with it.
I opted for MemoQ first as I find it's alignment editor is perfect for this job.

However the client came back to me and asked me the following:

"Please do the alignment with winalig
... See more
Dear colleagues,

Every now and then we are asked to do an alignment for a client in order to leverage most out of legacy documents.
My client has asked me to do an alignment with 40 documents and around 410'000 words.
So great I thought let's have a go with it.
I opted for MemoQ first as I find it's alignment editor is perfect for this job.

However the client came back to me and asked me the following:

"Please do the alignment with winalign as you have to make sure that all tabs, soft and hard returns, formatting and special characters are preserved, and go into the TM at the end of the process."

Although winalign does exactly this, i.e. preserving formats, tabs, soft returns etc., it's awsome to do this kind of job with this product.
MemoQ has the option of preserving all tags - that baiscally contain the formatting codes - but it does not handle tabs properly, i.e. they are not readable when exported into tmx.

I had a go with youalign (free service from Terminotix). Great stuff and fast! However the formatting is completely lost. --> does anybody know about alignfactory?

Now, I would like to know your thoughts on this.
It is absolutely vital to find a solution that is fast and that satisfies the needs of preserving the formatting, codes etc. the client is asking for.

Any kind of help is highly appreciated.

Kind regards and many thanks

Marcel
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Sophisticated alignments"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »