Greta Vera
Greta Vera  Identity Verified
Mexikó
Local time: 19:41
Tag (2005 óta)
angol - spanyol
Aug 19, 2005

Hello,

I have followed all the instructions to import terms into Multiterm. I alredy did all the steps in Excel, then saved the file as .txt. as well as in .xml and I still cannot do it, when I put import, 0 entries are processed. Does any one have a clue what I am doing wrong? By the way, I only want to add 2 columns.

(I have Multiterm iX, Windows XP, Office 2003 and Trados 6.5)

[Edited at 2005-08-19 07:25]

[Edited at 2005-08-19 07:38]
... See more
Hello,

I have followed all the instructions to import terms into Multiterm. I alredy did all the steps in Excel, then saved the file as .txt. as well as in .xml and I still cannot do it, when I put import, 0 entries are processed. Does any one have a clue what I am doing wrong? By the way, I only want to add 2 columns.

(I have Multiterm iX, Windows XP, Office 2003 and Trados 6.5)

[Edited at 2005-08-19 07:25]

[Edited at 2005-08-19 07:38]

[Edited at 2005-08-19 07:47]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Németország
Local time: 03:41
angol - német
+ ...
Which version? Did you use MT Convert? Aug 19, 2005

Hi Greta,
Which version of MTiX are you using (Full version number including the 'build number', please - go to Help - About... to find out)?

Did you use MT Convert? If so, the conversion process yields two files: (1) the termbase definition (.xdt), which you use to create a termbase; and (2) the import file (.xml).

Best regards,
Ralf

Greta Vera
Mexikó
Tag (2005 óta)
angol - spanyol
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Trados Version Aug 19, 2005

Hello Ralf,

I am using TRADOS Multiterm 6.0.1.209 (Build 209)component of TRADOS Multiterm iX.

I really hope you can help me out since I have spent the whole week and I cannot get this done!

Thanks Ralf!

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Csehország
Local time: 03:41
angol - cseh
+ ...
Use MT Convert Aug 19, 2005

Use MT Convert, as Ralf suggested. Prepare the Excel file - it should contain only the information you want to import. You said there were only two columns, it's the easiest case. Just make sure each column has a heading, probably "English" and "Spanish".

Use MT Convert to convert the Excel file to a termbase definition and an import XML file. Follow the instructions and documentation.

Start MultiTerm, create a new termase using the definition created by MT Convert and
... See more
Use MT Convert, as Ralf suggested. Prepare the Excel file - it should contain only the information you want to import. You said there were only two columns, it's the easiest case. Just make sure each column has a heading, probably "English" and "Spanish".

Use MT Convert to convert the Excel file to a termbase definition and an import XML file. Follow the instructions and documentation.

Start MultiTerm, create a new termase using the definition created by MT Convert and import the XML file.
Collapse

Greta Vera
Mexikó
Tag (2005 óta)
angol - spanyol
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
Where do I find MT convert? Aug 19, 2005

Where do I find MT convert? Sorry to bother you but I am new at this!

Thanks for all of your help!

Greta

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing terms into Multiterm iX

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »