Travel time fees for interpreters located in Spain.
Thread poster: yugoslavia
yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
Local time: 03:35
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 14, 2023

Dear interpreter colleagues living in Spain and other countries of Europe,

I hope you are doing well and I hope that you are healthy and safe from the Covid19 Pandemic.I hope that you are enjoying this month of May.

I'm writing to you because I would like to get information about the travel time fees for Spanish-English or English-Spanish interpreters who reside in Spain or in other parts of Europe.

I'm referring to the travel time fees to travel from my
... See more
Dear interpreter colleagues living in Spain and other countries of Europe,

I hope you are doing well and I hope that you are healthy and safe from the Covid19 Pandemic.I hope that you are enjoying this month of May.

I'm writing to you because I would like to get information about the travel time fees for Spanish-English or English-Spanish interpreters who reside in Spain or in other parts of Europe.

I'm referring to the travel time fees to travel from my home to the specific location of the interpretation assignment.

I'm living in The United States but I'm working with some translation companies in Spain and other European countries. Thanks for the information that you can provide me. Feel free to write to me in Spanish.

Kind regards,

Yugoslavia
Collapse

Monica RW
Monica RW
Local time: 09:35
Member (2015)
English to Polish
+ ...
Travel time rates May 16, 2023

Hello, I must say I have never heard about travelling between continents just to work as an interpreter for individual assignments.
1) In case of sworn interpreting jobs, the travel time is usually paid at the rate of 30-50% of the interpretation rate per hour (in case of Poland). But interpreters are always searched locally (you have to live at a distance of not more than 2 hours). Some companies may cover, e.g., hotel accommodation etc. - it always depends on your negotiations.
2)
... See more
Hello, I must say I have never heard about travelling between continents just to work as an interpreter for individual assignments.
1) In case of sworn interpreting jobs, the travel time is usually paid at the rate of 30-50% of the interpretation rate per hour (in case of Poland). But interpreters are always searched locally (you have to live at a distance of not more than 2 hours). Some companies may cover, e.g., hotel accommodation etc. - it always depends on your negotiations.
2) If you want to work as an interpreter at meetings or conferences in any EU country and you do not have an EU citizenship, you would need a special work visa and a work permit. Even if the meeting lasts one hour.

Regards, Monika
Collapse

Jorge Payan
Barbara Carrara

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
Local time: 03:35
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Miss Monica. May 17, 2023

Hi Miss Monica,

I hope you are doing well in Spain and I hope that you are healthy and safe from Covid19. I'm sorry about the delay. I have just got your email message. I was interpreting in a hospital and attending my physical therapy session. The interpretation assignment is taking place in The United States. I'm not traveling to Spain for this interpretation assignment. I was offered to work in some conferences where Spanish interpreters are not as common as Vietnam, India, Malay
... See more
Hi Miss Monica,

I hope you are doing well in Spain and I hope that you are healthy and safe from Covid19. I'm sorry about the delay. I have just got your email message. I was interpreting in a hospital and attending my physical therapy session. The interpretation assignment is taking place in The United States. I'm not traveling to Spain for this interpretation assignment. I was offered to work in some conferences where Spanish interpreters are not as common as Vietnam, India, Malaysia, China, The Philippines, Singapore, Nepal and once in Belgium, Colombia Georgia, Eastern Europe and Venezuela. Once I was offered to be an interpreter in a Caribbean island called "Curacao"
Curacao is very close to Aruba,

My client is located in Spain but he wants me to travel to help one of their clients in a conference here in New York. I'm going to be the Spanish interpreter for them in New York City for two days.

I would like to know the travel time rates from my home to the assignment location. The offices are located around one hour and 20 minutes from my home by train and by bus one way. I'm just not familiar with those travel time fees. I know the travel time fees from The United States better. What part of Spain are you located?

Feel free to write to me directly on my profile. Thanks again for your response. Feel free to write to me in Spanish.

Yugoslavia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Travel time fees for interpreters located in Spain.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »