Randa Farhat
Randa Farhat  Identity Verified
Liban
Local time: 18:52
din engleză în arabă
+ ...
May 21, 2004

Hello,

There are several cases where the askers have chosen the best answer that fits the translation of their particular posted
"word". Although the given answer might work for this precise meaning (in a particular sentence), yet when glossing it becomes absolutely a wrong translation/vocabulary.

Another point is when the asker choses the least correct answer because he/she has never heard of the correct term, especially when it is a new term or a technical word
... See more
Hello,

There are several cases where the askers have chosen the best answer that fits the translation of their particular posted
"word". Although the given answer might work for this precise meaning (in a particular sentence), yet when glossing it becomes absolutely a wrong translation/vocabulary.

Another point is when the asker choses the least correct answer because he/she has never heard of the correct term, especially when it is a new term or a technical word.

Any ideas on what to do?!
Regards!
Collapse

Jesús Marín Mateos
Jesús Marín Mateos  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:52
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
That's what moderators are for. May 21, 2004

My experience is that I several months ago I answered a question and the asker chose my answer as the right one and entered the term into the glossary. One of the moderators took if off and said that it could not be in the glossary because it was the wrong translation and there was already a term for it. I didn't like it at the time but.....there you go...that's what they are there for.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Glossing wrong kudoz answers

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »