mjbjosh
mjbjosh
Local time: 23:01
English to Latvian
+ ...
I hope not Jan 24, 2013

Ty Kendall wrote:

Kamchatkabooks wrote:
As a customer, I see those cases where translator's word choice is wrong because the translator does not have the experience in the specific real life environment, pretty often.

Then perhaps you're using the wrong translators?

Customers are different, they have their wishes. Working as a freelance interpreter I know that I need to interpret the same word in two different ways, depending on the EU institution that I am working for. Rapporteur becomes either "referents" (if I'm working for the European Parliament) or "ziņotājs" (if it's the EESC or CoR). The multi-annual financial framework is either "daudzgadu finanšu shēma" (Parliament) or "daudzgadu finanšu ietvars/perspektīva" (European Commission). I have the same experience with other customers too. One company basically solds the same product under two different trade names. Yet, it insists on using different translations for the same words in the same sentence/text.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spanish to English terminology dispute with client

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »