GabrielTranslat
GabrielTranslat  Identity Verified
Germania
Local time: 19:37
din engleză în franceză
+ ...
Jul 19, 2014

Hello,
I am Gabriel from the University of Saarbruecken, Germany. I am currently writing a doctoral thesis which focuses on resolving ambiguities in machine translation. To do this, I need volunteers to help me evaluate texts translated automatically (German-French and English-French).

Based on a 1 to 5 scale, you as evaluator are asked to determine the coherence and adequacy of translations. The evaluation is done with a software that you can download for free.

... See more
Hello,
I am Gabriel from the University of Saarbruecken, Germany. I am currently writing a doctoral thesis which focuses on resolving ambiguities in machine translation. To do this, I need volunteers to help me evaluate texts translated automatically (German-French and English-French).

Based on a 1 to 5 scale, you as evaluator are asked to determine the coherence and adequacy of translations. The evaluation is done with a software that you can download for free.

NB: Only the output text (in French) must be evaluated on the basis of your "feeling" as speaker of French.

Once the software is downloaded, the source language texts appear sentence by sentence, along with their French translations. You can then assess the sentences on their adequacy and coherence.

The source corpus consists of 10 texts including 6 in German and in 4 English. The machine translation software to be evaluated are Personal Translator and Google Translate.

For more information, please contact me at the following address:

[email protected]

Thank you in advance for your help

Gabriel Armand
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Evaluating Machine Translation

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »