Piotr Zięba
Piotr Zięba  Identity Verified
Polonia
Local time: 18:59
Membru (2012)
din engleză în poloneză
Apr 13, 2011

Hi,

Is it possible to define the behaviour of memoQ when importing TMX to an existing translation memory?
I have a TM with over 100k segments in memoQ (created with TMX export from Trados) and I want to import a newer version of this TM. I have a new TMX exported from Trados but since importing process takes a very long time I would like memoQ to skip segments which already exists in the TM and import only these segmentes which are new or updated.

Is it possible?
... See more
Hi,

Is it possible to define the behaviour of memoQ when importing TMX to an existing translation memory?
I have a TM with over 100k segments in memoQ (created with TMX export from Trados) and I want to import a newer version of this TM. I have a new TMX exported from Trados but since importing process takes a very long time I would like memoQ to skip segments which already exists in the TM and import only these segmentes which are new or updated.

Is it possible? I couldn't find any option for this in the TMX import dialog.

Best regards,
Piotr
Collapse

István Lengyel
István Lengyel
Ungaria
din engleză în maghiară
+ ...
disable multiple translations Apr 18, 2011

Hi Piotr,

The import setup depends on your TM's setup. Allow multiple translations is the biggest trick. If you enable this, memoQ will import all the identical segments several times (it is basically an option discouraged for anything but non-context-enabled TM units, e.g. SDL Trados 2007 import). If you don't, it imports just the latest segment (based on modification time). Also, please bear in mind that if you store context, what is identical and what is not is also further enhan
... See more
Hi Piotr,

The import setup depends on your TM's setup. Allow multiple translations is the biggest trick. If you enable this, memoQ will import all the identical segments several times (it is basically an option discouraged for anything but non-context-enabled TM units, e.g. SDL Trados 2007 import). If you don't, it imports just the latest segment (based on modification time). Also, please bear in mind that if you store context, what is identical and what is not is also further enhanced by the context.

I hope this helps.
István
Collapse

Piotr Zięba
Piotr Zięba  Identity Verified
Polonia
Membru (2012)
din engleză în poloneză
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
more import options? Apr 18, 2011

Hi István,

Thanks for your answer!

What if I want to keep all TM segments untouched and import only new segments from the TMX?
The second scenario is that I want to keep oldest segments (not newest).
Third scenario is to overwrite all TM segments without taking the segment modification date into account.
Is it possible...?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TMX import settings

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »