Quotation marks other than straight - where in the settings?
Thread poster: Oleg V. Martynov
Oleg V. Martynov
Oleg V. Martynov
Israel
Local time: 20:31
Russian to English
+ ...
Feb 19

Hi, could anyone show me where I can find a setting that would help me get, e. g., guillemets - something like this « » - instead of straight quote marks?

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:31
Russian to English
+ ...
guillemets Feb 19

There are different ways, but I guess I would use Alt+174 and Alt+175.

brovxidfmgan (X)

Andrey Raugas
Andrey Raugas
Georgia
Local time: 21:31
English to Russian
Use Character Table Feb 20

Hello. To insert characters like French quotation marks or em-dash, I use the 'Character Table.' You can add characters to the user-defined table in Preferences > Auto-Completion > Character Table. To access the table from the editor pane, use the 'Ctrl + Space' shortcut (sometimes you may need to press it several times to cycle through several auto-completion menus).

brovxidfmgan (X)

Marcela Robaina Boyd
Marcela Robaina Boyd  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 14:31
English to Spanish
+ ...
Assign « and » to < and > in your keyboard Mar 1

Cannot check now if this is the correct way to do it. But try Tools/Options/Revision/ Autocorrect and write < in the "Replace" column and « in the "With" column. Do the same with > y » and ¡pronto! You need to have enabled the checkbox «Replace while you write». My Word is in Spanish, so you'll have to find your way about.

I hope this is helpful.

m

Oleg V. Martynov

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Quotation marks other than straight - where in the settings?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »