How many for an upgrade from 5.5 to 6.5 ?
Thread poster: Catherine GUILLIAUMET
Catherine GUILLIAUMET
Catherine GUILLIAUMET  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:10
English to French
+ ...
In memoriam
Nov 6, 2004

I've bought Trados 5.5 (never used, dongle envelop still sealed) 2 years ago at a very expensive price. Some clients ask now for Trados 6.5, and nothing older. What can I do ? What is the price for upgrades ? The least I can say is that after 2 hours of research on the web, if TRADOS ever sells any upgrade, it's a real and true "state secret". Impossible to find any clue about that.
Thanks for any help
Catherine Guilliaumet

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check TranslationZone Nov 6, 2004

Hi Catherine,
Trados does indeed sell upgrades - and in fact, the price is openly displayed on TranslationZone; the upgrade is currently priced at EUR 261.

Note that I assume you're using the Freelance version.

HTH, Ralf

[Edited at 2004-11-06 21:07]

Catherine GUILLIAUMET
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Thank you Ralf !! Nov 6, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Catherine,
Trados does indeed sell upgrades - and in fact, the price is openly displayed on TranslationZone; the upgrade is currently priced at EUR 261.

Note that I assume you're using the Freelance version.

HTH, Ralf

[Edited at 2004-11-06 21:07]

Dear Ralf,
Thanks a lot, but believe me, I've been trying to find a price (or even an URL) mentioning the price of an upgrade for now nearly 3 hours, and I found absolutely no clue.
It's why your response is so important for me.
Please note that I'm not "using" Freelance, I never used it all and all the package is still sealed in the envelop (dongle)/ box (CD and brochure).
Really appreciate your help
Have a nice night
Catherine

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Freelance vs. LSP Nov 6, 2004

Hi again,
Glad I could help - TranslationZone is a good starting point for any question about Trados Freelance (as well as LSP, but not for pricing regarding LSP licenses).

Please note that I'm not "using" Freelance, I never used it all and all the package is still sealed in the envelop (dongle)/ box (CD and brochure).

The purpose of my remark was to find out which version of Trados you had bought. I take it that's 5.5 Freelance.

Best,
Ralf

Catherine GUILLIAUMET
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
How much for an upgrade from 5.5 to 6.5 Nov 7, 2004

Thanks a lot Ralf and Jerzy !
Maybe I didn't find it myself because I was searching on the French Trados site, and I was not aware of the existence of Translation Zone.
Many thanks again
Have a nice Sunday
Catherine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How many for an upgrade from 5.5 to 6.5 ?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »