Filter segments that DO contain a certain word in source, BUT DO NOT contain a certain word in targe
Thread poster: Vojtěch Beran
Vojtěch Beran
Vojtěch Beran  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:39
English to Czech
+ ...
Feb 20, 2023

Hello, what is the easiest way to do this in Trados? Ideally using Studio's already built-in features, without having to download an add-in. Neither the standard filter nor the Advanced filter can do this, am I right?

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:39
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Why not? Feb 20, 2023

Vojtěch Beran wrote:
Hello, what is the easiest way to do this in Trados? Ideally using Studio's already built-in features, without having to download an add-in. Neither the standard filter nor the Advanced filter can do this, am I right?

Can't see why that would be a problem. Make sure Regular Expression is ticked. I use the Community Advanced Display Filter instead of the standard one.

Source:
text_to_include

Target:
^((?!text_to_exclude).)*$

Regards,
Dan

Xanthippe

Vojtěch Beran
Vojtěch Beran  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:39
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Feb 20, 2023

Thank you so much, Dan! Works with the integrated Advanced Display Filter!

Dan Lucas

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Filter segments that DO contain a certain word in source, BUT DO NOT contain a certain word in targe

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »