Thread poster: Inga Velikanova
Inga Velikanova
Inga Velikanova  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:01
English to Russian
Mar 10, 2023

Greetings,

I'm translating IT>EN, and Trados is changing the sequence of "day" and "month".

Can anyone share a tip on how to fix this?

I actually don't have this problem when doing EN>RU translations.

I'm grateful for any ideas!

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:01
English to Russian
Am En Mar 10, 2023

Most probably the target language of your TM is en-US. To avoid this behavior, you should use en-GB instead.

Also, you can try to uncheck the Date box in your TM settings (Project Settings - All lang pairs - TM and AT - select your TM in the list - Settings - Language Resources - Recognize: Dates). However, in this case Trados will not recognize dates. I am not sure what is less annoying for you: either swap day and month or not recognize dates at all.

[Edited at 2023-03-10 1
... See more
Most probably the target language of your TM is en-US. To avoid this behavior, you should use en-GB instead.

Also, you can try to uncheck the Date box in your TM settings (Project Settings - All lang pairs - TM and AT - select your TM in the list - Settings - Language Resources - Recognize: Dates). However, in this case Trados will not recognize dates. I am not sure what is less annoying for you: either swap day and month or not recognize dates at all.

[Edited at 2023-03-10 13:08 GMT]
Collapse

Inga Velikanova
Inga Velikanova  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:01
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Yes!!! Many thanks, Stepan! Mar 10, 2023

Stepan Konev wrote:

[Edited at 2023-03-10 12:50 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 22 - dates being reshuffled by Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »