Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
May 16, 2011

Is my interpretation correct that:

- In order to use Autocompletion you have to install CrossMining.

- CrossMining is not available as an add-on for the free Standalone Personal Edition.

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 09:55
English to Turkish
+ ...
I asked the same question May 16, 2011

I asked the same question last year but could not find an answer. http://www.proz.com/forum/across_support/157981-autocomplete_feature_in_across.html

Possibly your interpretation is correct.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Elevating May 17, 2011

I'll elevate the question to Support.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Answer CrossMining May 17, 2011

I just received this answer from Support:

To enable Autocompletion, CrossMining has to be installed which is a separate application.
CrossMining is available as add-on for the Language Server Edition, but not for the Personal Edition of Across.

When using your PE as an offline client for a language server, it is possible to receive the necessary statistical lexica from the server. See also section 'Deployment of the Lexica for crossWAN classic and for crossGrid' o
... See more
I just received this answer from Support:

To enable Autocompletion, CrossMining has to be installed which is a separate application.
CrossMining is available as add-on for the Language Server Edition, but not for the Personal Edition of Across.

When using your PE as an offline client for a language server, it is possible to receive the necessary statistical lexica from the server. See also section 'Deployment of the Lexica for crossWAN classic and for crossGrid' of the "Across at a Glance" User Manual v5.0 Service Pack 1.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CrossMining and Autocompletion

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »