Thread poster: Seamus Moran
Seamus Moran
Seamus Moran
Ireland
Local time: 03:49
German to English
+ ...
Jan 11, 2016

I just bought the new Across 6.3 edition. I'm working on my first project but when I type in the field it is painfully slow. Does the Across support have any solution for this?

Maria Foldeaki
Maria Foldeaki  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:49
English to Hungarian
+ ...
I have the same problem Jan 11, 2016

Across Support didn't reply, my client, who forced me to update, doesn't have a solution. At 50 word/hour, due to sluggish SW, I won't be able to complete the job.

Eduardo Cano Rodríguez
Eduardo Cano Rodríguez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:49
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same here Jan 12, 2016

The same happens to me, everything has been a pain since I was forced to update and buy the paid version.

It's really annoying to see that once it was free it worked "smoothly" and now that we have to pay for the tool is a real pain to use. My productivity with Across dropped to 10%.

Seamus Moran
Seamus Moran
Ireland
Local time: 03:49
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Feel we are being misled Jan 12, 2016

Apart from that, I feel we are being misled by Across. By paying for the service we are offered "Crossmarket" where we can apparently network and link to language providers and industry. The fact is that there are very few langauge service providers listed and there are ZERO industry users listed. I find this very misleading.

Eduardo Cano Rodríguez
Eduardo Cano Rodríguez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:49
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Upgrade to latest version Jan 13, 2016

They have just released a new build, 07557, which is not affected by this, you can download it from the website.

I just tried and it works smoothly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Typing in Across very slow

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »