Gabriel Lins e Silva Dutra
Gabriel Lins e Silva Dutra  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:22
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Feb 10, 2023

Hi there,

I've been using the student version of Across for a couple of months now and I'm having a problem in adding some files to the project I'm working on. These are standard, system-generated, public documents, a total of 08, and I could only add 3 of them to the project. They look absolutely the same on Adobe and when I try to add them to Across, I keep getting this message:

Aspose PDF conversion error.

Object reference not set to an instance o
... See more
Hi there,

I've been using the student version of Across for a couple of months now and I'm having a problem in adding some files to the project I'm working on. These are standard, system-generated, public documents, a total of 08, and I could only add 3 of them to the project. They look absolutely the same on Adobe and when I try to add them to Across, I keep getting this message:

Aspose PDF conversion error.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Does anyone know if there is something I could do to add these files to Across? I really didn't want to redo the entire thing copying and pasting in Adobe, which I'm gonna have to now because of my deadline, but I just wanted to find a soluting in case of future problems.

Thanks in advance,

Gabriel Dutra
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Conversion to DOCX Feb 11, 2023

I read on across.net that Across (like many other CAT tools) uses conversion to the Ms Word DOCX file format.

So to translate PDF files, you can use any other PDF to Word converter (online or offline) yourself. This has the advantage that you can immediately see the quality of the conversion (and any impossibility) for yourself.

Gabriel Lins e Silva Dutra  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:22
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
solved Feb 12, 2023

It worked just perfectly! Thank you so much!

Hans Lenting

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PDF Conversion Problems in Across

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »