Can't open my freemail
Tópico cartaz: Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:37
italiano para alemão
May 22, 2004

On several Macs here in my school, including mine, when I type user name and password on www.web.de and press "Enter", it says (translated) "Protection error: wrong data decryption". My internet preferences don't show any restriction/protection.
Please help!
Martin from Udine

Michael Sciascia
Michael Sciascia
italiano para inglês
+ ...
Which Browser? May 23, 2004

Did you try with other browsers than your default one?
If you use Mac OS X you could try with Omniweb, Firefox or Camino instead of Safari and Internet Expoler

Emmanuelle Riffault
Emmanuelle Riffault  Identity Verified
Austrália
Local time: 19:37
Membro (2004)
alemão para francês
+ ...
Security preferences ? May 24, 2004

Martin Schmurr wrote:

On several Macs here in my school, including mine, when I type user name and password on www.web.de and press "Enter", it says (translated) "Protection error: wrong data decryption". My internet preferences don't show any restriction/protection.
Please help!
Martin from Udine

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. Until I've found out that I had changed the security level of my modem 2 days before and that I coudn't use any form ("formluaire" : username + password) any more : either on proz, nor for online banking etc.
Maybe it's the same ?-)

Cheers

Emmanuelle

Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
italiano para alemão
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
salut Emmanuelle, May 24, 2004

I checked all the Internet security levels of my computer. How do you check those of the modem? It hasn't got a screen, has it? ;o)

Emmanuelle Riffault
Emmanuelle Riffault  Identity Verified
Austrália
Local time: 19:37
Membro (2004)
alemão para francês
+ ...
Bonjourno ! May 25, 2004

Martin Schmurr wrote:

I checked all the Internet security levels of my computer. How do you check those of the modem? It hasn't got a screen, has it? ;o)

Actually, it does have a screen : I have a wireless router/modem and have the possibility to choose a security level in the settings.

Does this problem occur only when you want to open your freemail ?

Emmanuelle ;O)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't open my freemail

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »