Need help fixing "TagChangedError" in Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor
Thread poster: Jermaine Delos Santos
Jermaine Delos Santos
Jermaine Delos Santos  Identity Verified
English to Tagalog
+ ...
Jan 3

For reference, these are the errors I am having, which came with the source material (the errors persist whether I make changes to it or not): https://postimg.cc/fS00vKK5

I think the issue I am having specifically boils down to my unable to make changes within any block in the code. However, I can remove the code altogether and replace it with something new or even any of the blocks it contains,
... See more
For reference, these are the errors I am having, which came with the source material (the errors persist whether I make changes to it or not): https://postimg.cc/fS00vKK5

I think the issue I am having specifically boils down to my unable to make changes within any block in the code. However, I can remove the code altogether and replace it with something new or even any of the blocks it contains, just not the code (such as the tag) contained in a block.

Note: I cannot edit the code outside of Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor as there are special characters (particularly, superscript) that get changed when copy-pasted on a different program (e.g., Notepad++).

Has anyone got any idea on how to fix this technical problem?

[Edited at 2024-01-03 00:24 GMT]

[Edited at 2024-01-03 06:46 GMT]
Collapse

Hung Mai
Hung Mai
Vietnam
Local time: 04:49
English to Vietnamese
Seems like false-positives Jan 3

You say these problems exist even when you don't do anything to the target segment, so I guess it's just the tool's issue in recognizing code strings that contain translatable texts. If you don't remove/delete any tags or tag pairs, I think it's safe for you to ignore them and continue with the rest.
FYI: As far as I know, the superscript thing you mention is the ordinal number created by the tool to identify tags and tag pairs within a segment, it doesn't exist in the source text.

megane_wang
megane_wang  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:49
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Probably no problem Jan 3

It sometimes happens, and mostly comes from source already. If you just copy source to target and get the same error, it means there's no problem on your side; it just l looks ugly, but there's no harm done.

[Edited at 2024-01-03 13:25 GMT]

Jermaine Delos Santos
Jermaine Delos Santos  Identity Verified
English to Tagalog
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Workaround Jan 3

So, the workaround we did was to convert the pertinent file to a format that would allow it to be worked on in Trados Studios, and the entire process went smoothly. I was able to address the segment that was otherwise causing a problem in Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor without a hitch.

With that being said, though, I am still puzzled about how the issue would have been addressed if it remained in Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor.

[Edited at 2024-01-03 13:39 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help fixing "TagChangedError" in Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »