.Pct files -is there a simple way to open (to view) them (as a one off)
Thread poster: DGK T-I
DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:05
Georgian to English
+ ...
Oct 25, 2003

in Windows (98SE).
IE, Paint, Kodak Imaging and Adobe/Acrobat don't do the trick, unfortunately, and I experimented with changing the extension to a couple of others, with no success.
The contents of the file were visible at the side of "my computer" when a file was selected (although they are not now, but still are on another computer).
Any advice would be gratefully received...
Best wishes
Giuli Kvrivishvili

~Eng Russ Geo~

[Edited at 2003-10-25
... See more
in Windows (98SE).
IE, Paint, Kodak Imaging and Adobe/Acrobat don't do the trick, unfortunately, and I experimented with changing the extension to a couple of others, with no success.
The contents of the file were visible at the side of "my computer" when a file was selected (although they are not now, but still are on another computer).
Any advice would be gratefully received...
Best wishes
Giuli Kvrivishvili

~Eng Russ Geo~

[Edited at 2003-10-25 15:10]
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:05
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
- Oct 25, 2003

Giuli, I may be wrong, but I believe they are what Macintosh users call PICT files. PICT files are the .bmp of the Mac. Photoshop should be able to open them just fine. Try opening them in Photoshop or find someone with a Macintosh to help you open them and save them as a PC compatible file.

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:05
Georgian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Natalie Oct 25, 2003

sounds like good advice

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

.Pct files -is there a simple way to open (to view) them (as a one off)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »