Anna Hjalmarsson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:41
Member (2015)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 18

Hello,
I'm looking for a simple way to filter for terminology consistency. At preent, to ensure consistency, I copy the term/sentence from the source and paste in "source" in "advanced filter display", but it is a cumbersome way of doing it.

Compare this with Memsource, where you just click ctrl+shift+F then "enter" and it's done. Is there a similar way of doing this in Trados?

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Advanced filter Jan 18

Anna Hjalmarsson wrote:

Hello,
I'm looking for a simple way to filter for terminology consistency. At preent, to ensure consistency, I copy the term/sentence from the source and paste in "source" in "advanced filter display", but it is a cumbersome way of doing it.

Compare this with Memsource, where you just click ctrl+shift+F then "enter" and it's done. Is there a similar way of doing this in Trados?

I think that you can use the Advanced filter for this.

(This discussion should be moved to the Trados forum...)

Anna Hjalmarsson
Anna Hjalmarsson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:41
Member (2015)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
indeed Jan 18

Oh thanks Hans, I actually thought I was posting in the Studio forum...!
Yes, I'm already using asdvanced display filter. It's unnecessarily cumbersome...

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 21:41
English to Russian
Review tab Jan 18

Anna Hjalmarsson wrote:
Memsource, where you just click ctrl+shift+F then "enter"
Actually you don't even need to press Enter. Just select a word and press Ctrl+Shift+F to filter the word. Unfortunately there is no way to do that in Trados.
You can use a dedicated text field in the Review tab. Press Ctrl+F6 to quickly navigate to that field.

[Edited at 2024-01-19 00:01 GMT]

Hung Mai
Hung Mai
Vietnam
Local time: 01:41
English to Vietnamese
How about a self-made termbase? Jan 18

I think you can create a new termbase of your own and manually add terms that you want to keep consistent on the go. Then, you can leverage the TB entry in other segments, ensure the consistency with Verify option, and if you decide to change a term translation later on, you can use mass replace feature and update the TB accordingly.

Silvia Browne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Easy way to filter for terminology consistency

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »