Disclosing agency work in LinkedIn: what's the best practice?
Thread poster: Ricardo Castaño
Ricardo Castaño
Ricardo Castaño
Colombia
Local time: 06:22
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 16

Hello everyone,

I'd like to try new things in my career and enter into the LinkedIn atmosphere to start looking for new opportunities, but I'm confused about something: Is it okay to disclose all the agencies you work and have worked with on your LinkedIn profile? Currently, I do consistent work for about three agencies (could there be any issues if they see you're working simultaneously for several agencies?) and historically have worked for about ten. Do you post all your experien
... See more
Hello everyone,

I'd like to try new things in my career and enter into the LinkedIn atmosphere to start looking for new opportunities, but I'm confused about something: Is it okay to disclose all the agencies you work and have worked with on your LinkedIn profile? Currently, I do consistent work for about three agencies (could there be any issues if they see you're working simultaneously for several agencies?) and historically have worked for about ten. Do you post all your experience on LinkedIn, or is there any reason to keep this information private?

Also, if you have worked for major companies (such as Microsoft, Samsung...) or important titles (like a famous book or video game) within these agencies, is it okay to mention these names?

I think my confusion arises from all the NDAs they make you sign.

I appreciate your insights!
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:22
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Ricardo Feb 16

Why again the same question?

https://www.proz.com/forum/business_issues/366041-disclosing_agency_work_in_linkedin_whats_the_best_practice.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Disclosing agency work in LinkedIn: what's the best practice?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »