Thread poster: Daniel Grigoras
Daniel Grigoras
Daniel Grigoras  Identity Verified
Romania
Romanian to English
+ ...
Oct 11, 2013

Hello,

In Trados, after I would confirm a segment I would be moved to the next unconfirmed segment, thus jumping over the confirmed segments that might exist between the confirmed segment and the closest unconfirmed segment. Doesn't MemoQ have such a feature? I've looked for such an option, but I just couldn't find any.

Regards,
Daniel

[Edited at 2013-10-11 19:35 GMT]

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:04
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Simple Oct 11, 2013

In the Edit menu (while in the grid, translating a file), you will find GoTo Next Settings...

There you have options you can choose so that you jump to certain types of segments. Play with them a bit and you will see how they work. You can enable or disable the "Automatically jump after confirmation" checkbox so that this automatic jump is enabled or not. If it is not, memoQ simply advances to the next segment.

Bruno Veilleux

Daniel Grigoras
Daniel Grigoras  Identity Verified
Romania
Romanian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Tomas Oct 11, 2013

I have ticked the checkbox called "Automatically jump after confirmation", and then the radio button for "(1) Not confirmed or proofread", found just above the said checkbox. Now I am moved to the next unconfirmed segment whenever I confirm a segment. This saves a lot of time.

Thank you very much!

Daniel

[Edited at 2013-10-11 19:35 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Confirm and jump to the closest uncofirmed segment

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »