choosing subtitling software
Thread poster: dee_who
Mar 2, 2010

hi all.

i have edited my film in final cut pro and have already created subtitles in FCP but after render they look all oversharp and weirdly pixelly and if you look very close you can see some aliasing happening on the edges of the letters. i have heard there is software they use for subtitles and text specifically. the forums i've read said that it was important to know what the final output will be. the film will have to be in HDCAM and/or DIGIBETA for screening at festivals a
... See more
hi all.

i have edited my film in final cut pro and have already created subtitles in FCP but after render they look all oversharp and weirdly pixelly and if you look very close you can see some aliasing happening on the edges of the letters. i have heard there is software they use for subtitles and text specifically. the forums i've read said that it was important to know what the final output will be. the film will have to be in HDCAM and/or DIGIBETA for screening at festivals and will probably ultimately go to DVD. does this mean that i have to redo the subtitles for each different end format? also, the film is 1920 X 1080, if that makes any difference... obviously i know nothing about any of this, so any wisdom insight is greatly appreciated!

-dennis.
Collapse

jaymin
jaymin
Canada
Local time: 04:01
German to Korean
+ ...
more efficiently. Mar 3, 2010

It depends on the setting of the recorded video. I would suggest that you try a different software to create subtitles(smi, srt, sub format) and combine it with the video. That would give you more flexibility in modifying.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

choosing subtitling software

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »