Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
Local time: 17:49
French to Italian
+ ...
Jun 14, 2021

Hi All,
I got a legacy format memory that i need to use with Studio 2019.

Screenshot_trados5

When I add it as "legacy file" memory I see the conversion/update window flash for less than one second but nothing happens.

How can I convert this TM in a usable format? Thank you in advance.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:49
English to Russian
Upgrade Translation Memories for 2019, or Compatibility and Migration Power Pack for 2021 Jun 14, 2021

For Trados 2019, click 'Upgrade Translation Memories' in the Welcome view and select your tmw file to convert it into sdltm.

If one day you upgrade to a newer version, or for those who have Trados 2021 version, you will need to use this plugin.

[Edited at 2021-06-14 15:27 GMT]

Elena Feriani

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Something wrong with the file Jun 14, 2021

Stepan Konev wrote:

For Trados 2019, click 'Upgrade Translation Memories' in the Welcome view and select your tmw file to convert it into sdltm.

Hi Stepan,
Thanks a lot for your help - It's super appreciated. I'll keep in mind the plugin if I ever upgrade to 2021. As for the 'Upgrade Translation Memories' process, I have tried multiple times but when I add the tmw file, I get a message saying that i didn't add any input memory. I asked the client for a different TM format as I think there might be something wrong with it.
Thnaks again.
Have a good evening.

Andrea Torre
Andrea Torre  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
French to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem Mar 21, 2023

Elena Feriani wrote:

Hi All,
I got a legacy format memory that i need to use with Studio 2019.

Screenshot_trados5

When I add it as "legacy file" memory I see the conversion/update window flash for less than one second but nothing happens.

How can I convert this TM in a usable format? Thank you in advance.

Hi Elena,
I have the same problem. Did you solve it finally?

Thanks!

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Andrea Mar 21, 2023

I had used a plugin from the app store, but I have since updated my PC and can't remember which one it was. Stepan has suggested some plugins above, and some of them require Trados 2021-2. Have you tried them out?

Kind regards,
Elena

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I think I used this plugin Mar 21, 2023

https://appstore.rws.com/Plugin/175

Trados 2007 Translation Memory Plug-in
By RWS Appstore Team

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Legacy files TMs

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »