Why are my target segments suddenly purple and underlined?
Thread poster: Hayley Wakenshaw
Hayley Wakenshaw
Hayley Wakenshaw  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:16
Member (2018)
Dutch to English
Mar 23, 2023

***Edit: Never mind. It's something to do with tracked changes. I have somehow managed to turn on tracked changes when I was messing about with the settings this morning. Why the tracked changes are only showing now is a mystery, but that seems to be the answer. Feeling sheepish now...

I came back from my coffee break and started typing, and suddenly, my target segments are underlined and in purple.

The source segments are not in purple.

I have my tagging s
... See more
***Edit: Never mind. It's something to do with tracked changes. I have somehow managed to turn on tracked changes when I was messing about with the settings this morning. Why the tracked changes are only showing now is a mystery, but that seems to be the answer. Feeling sheepish now...

I came back from my coffee break and started typing, and suddenly, my target segments are underlined and in purple.

The source segments are not in purple.

I have my tagging set to visible.

There are no tags in these segments.

All the previous segments that were entered before my coffee break are fine.

I don't recall changing anything in the settings that would do this, but obviously, I've done something somewhere. Any ideas?

I'm working in Studio 2021 Freelance (Trados Studio 2021 SR1 - 16.1.8.4404). The file is a Word doc in a regular Studio package.

purple target segments

[Edited at 2023-03-23 14:27 GMT]
Collapse

MollyRose

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why are my target segments suddenly purple and underlined?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »