Ignoring words with numbers during spell-checking
Autor de la hebra: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Países Bajos
Miembro 2006
alemán al neerlandés
Apr 14, 2011

There has already an RFF been filed for 'Ignoring words with numbers during spell-checking'. Since it can take a while before this feature is implemented, I was looking for a simple work-around.

Here it is:

STEP 1

Scenario 1: One Word document

Run a macro to save all words with numbers in a plain text file.

Scenario 2: Many Word documents

Either run the macro on each individual document or import the Word documents in
... See more
There has already an RFF been filed for 'Ignoring words with numbers during spell-checking'. Since it can take a while before this feature is implemented, I was looking for a simple work-around.

Here it is:

STEP 1

Scenario 1: One Word document

Run a macro to save all words with numbers in a plain text file.

Scenario 2: Many Word documents

Either run the macro on each individual document or import the Word documents in Transit NXT. Create a TMX file containing only the source (or target) language. Run a macro on this file to save all words with numbers to a text file.

STEP 2

Create a new dictionary e.g. 'Part_numbers'. Assign it to your project. Check 'Use project dictionary' on the Review | Spell tab.

STEP 3

Save the (part) number file as 'Part_numbers.AWL' (I hope I remember the extension correctly - if not, let me know), in the folder \Config.

Since Step 2 only needs to be executed once and Step 3 can be automated by macro used in Step 1, only Step 1 has to be performed on every new project. You'll probably not want to do this always, but sometimes it will be a real timesaver.

HL
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) de este foro
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ignoring words with numbers during spell-checking

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »