Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
What happened to the five-limit-per-day rule for non-platinum members? ('fixed')
Thread poster: Sormane Gomes
CMJ_Trans (X)
CMJ_Trans (X)
Local time: 23:39
French to English
+ ...
ifyou are talking about the person I think.... Jun 14, 2006

I have to say that I have been very surprised that no-one has stepped in and stopped the system abuse. Someone who has cut up a huge text into bite-size bits and is getting colleagues to do all the leg-work ought to be kicked out.
No names, no pack-drill. I think I answered one question by mistake. Since then I have studiously ignored the rest.
But answers are offered for each question. I am gob-smacked. Even if by splitting the job up, the person keeps within the limits, there is so
... See more
I have to say that I have been very surprised that no-one has stepped in and stopped the system abuse. Someone who has cut up a huge text into bite-size bits and is getting colleagues to do all the leg-work ought to be kicked out.
No names, no pack-drill. I think I answered one question by mistake. Since then I have studiously ignored the rest.
But answers are offered for each question. I am gob-smacked. Even if by splitting the job up, the person keeps within the limits, there is something immoral about the whole thing.... or am I just a grumpy old bag?
Collapse

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 17:39
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Omniscient Moderators Jun 14, 2006

Thanks, Jane, for your wonderful support of us Moderators.

It's true, we are absolutely not omniscient or omnipresent - we have regular, paid work to do, plus regular, busy lives - sometimes things happen while we're offline or busy working, sometimes helping someone else in some other aspect of the site!

That's why we suggest support tickets. The advantage to submitting your own support ticket is that you communicate directly with the developers or other site staff, cu
... See more
Thanks, Jane, for your wonderful support of us Moderators.

It's true, we are absolutely not omniscient or omnipresent - we have regular, paid work to do, plus regular, busy lives - sometimes things happen while we're offline or busy working, sometimes helping someone else in some other aspect of the site!

That's why we suggest support tickets. The advantage to submitting your own support ticket is that you communicate directly with the developers or other site staff, cutting out the middleman (moderator) who would simply have to act as go-between between the individual requesting help and the site staff... much more time-consuming, especially considering we live in different time zones and can be online at different times of the day.

Opening this thread was a good start, and now this issue has the attention of moderators and site staff alike. But as you can see from this thread, ultimately direct communication between the individual and site staff is primordial.

Thanks to all for using the site.

Nancy
Collapse

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:39
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Moderators are nor suppossed to deal with bugs Jun 14, 2006

Walter Landesman wrote:

Somane, I don`t think it is just minority. Just the opposite. But, if the people that are supposed to do things don`t do it,... well, as Nadia said, ignore it and keep your sanity.

That`s what I did after several similar complaints in forums and in messages to Moderators.

One of the moderators told ME to open a support ticket (?!) (wouldn`t it be much easier and faster if that moderator presented this problem in the modddies forum, I wonder?)
Another moderator told me there were some bugs, probably, they thought, and they were working on it.

Hi Walter,

Moderators are not responsible for bugs that may develop in the system, so if you find such a problem it may be more effective to just open a support ticket that will go directly where it should, to the site developers.

Regards,
Enrique

Stuart Allsop
Stuart Allsop  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 17:39
Spanish to English
+ ...
It still isn't fixed. Jun 17, 2006

I thought it was supposed to be impossible to ask new questions if you have more than ten questions open? So how do you explain a case I noticed today, with 24 questions open, some of them dating back to October last year, yet the system allowed him to ask 5 questions today, 4 yesterday, and 3 the day before, despite the fact that he has NEVER closed even ONE of his questions!

(Link to profile available on request).

=========================================
"...a
... See more
I thought it was supposed to be impossible to ask new questions if you have more than ten questions open? So how do you explain a case I noticed today, with 24 questions open, some of them dating back to October last year, yet the system allowed him to ask 5 questions today, 4 yesterday, and 3 the day before, despite the fact that he has NEVER closed even ONE of his questions!

(Link to profile available on request).

"...askers with more than 10 questions that have been open for more than a week are asked to close their questions before asking new ones."

At the time of asking the first of this series of questions, 3 days ago, he already had 12 questions that had been open for more than a week (MUCH more than a week, in fact!). The system did not prevent him then, did not prevent him yesterday, and did not prevent him today.

In short, the system is broken.

I strongly disagree with the arbitrary limits on questions in any case, but if they are going to be implemented at all, then at least they should be implemented "as advertised", and applied fairly and rigorously for everyone.

[Edited at 2006-06-17 23:54]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What happened to the five-limit-per-day rule for non-platinum members? ('fixed')

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »